Gardman Heavy Duty Squirrel Proof Seed Feeder
You appear to be using Internet Explorer. Internet Explorer will no longer be supported by Microsoft after June 2022 after which we will drop support too.
We strongly recommend switching to a more modern web browser to shop on our site such as Edge, Chrome or Firefox.
Your version of the Safari web browser is no longer supported.
Our website uses the latest technologies to keep our customers data safe and to protect you from cyber crime, which means we can no longer support your web browser due to its age.
Please visit our website from a more modern web browser such as Google Chrome.
- Premium Sunflower Heart Kernels7368 reviews
- 4.8804288816504 out of 5
- K Royle
- Ideal for the smaller birds.
Prices from £6.89Essential Bird Feeding Station66 reviews
£19.99Songbird Summer Deluxe Blend41 reviews
- 4.9090909090909 out of 5
- Joanna Pycock
- Happy birds in the garden
- 4.7317073170732 out of 5
- Good mix and quality - No waste all the birds enjoy your mix
Prices from £5.99Panacea Chateau Squirrel Resistant Seed Feeder4 reviews
£29.99Black Sunflower Seed850 reviews
- 3.5 out of 5
- great value - easy to fill and the birds love it. Good adjustment for a variety of birds.it looks very attractive Great idea
- 4.7788235294118 out of 5
- Mrs Markwick
- Our garden birds love this product
Prices from £5.89Wild Bird Seed Blend1666 reviews
- 4.7142857142857 out of 5
- Ellen Duffy
- I was a bit surprised that this product was mixed with mealworms and stuff I thought it was just seed so I was surprised at the contents I am not sure I would have ordered it if I had known it was mixed with mealworms etc
Prices from £4.39Supa Wild Bird Feeder Cleaning Brush2 reviews
£2.49Gardman Bird Feeder Brush30 reviews
- 5 out of 5
- Looks just right for cleaning bird feeders. Appears to be good quality but have not yet used it.
- 4.5 out of 5
- Sophie's thoughts
- Seems suitable and does the job.
This Heavy Duty Squirrel Proof Seed Feeder from Gardman is constructed with heavy gauge die-cast metal components, making it the ultimate squirrel proof bird feeder.
The Seed Feeder has an antibacterial coating called Biomaster Antimicrobial Protection that protects against microbes and germs. This is because feeding areas can promote transmission of avian diseases, but Biomaster reduces the risk of transmission, works 24/7 and helps to protect between cleaning.
This feeder is suitable for Carolina Wrens, Chickadees, Goldfinches, Grosbeaks, Nuthatches, Pine Siskins, Redpolls, Titmice, Purple Finches, and other Songbirds.
- Holds up to 500g of Seed Mix
- Caged design prevents squirrels from stealing your bird feed and stops large birds such as pigeons, and other predators from feeding or attacking smaller birds
- Uniquely designed branch shaped feeding perches
- Attractive gunmetal rust resistant powder coat finish
- Large stainless steel hanging handles to easily place and remove the feeder
- Strong bite resistant clear polycarbonate feed tube with four metal feeding ports
- Can be hung from a tree or Feeding Station
Dimensions: 24 x 24 x 29 cm
*A Note On Juvenile Squirrels and Juvenile large birds
The feeders can only protect against adult grey squirrels and large adult birds such as magpies, crows rooks etc, which ultimately do the most damage. Some birds, such as a woodpecker, wont fit through the bars but could manage to get their beaks inside and access the food.
There is always a chance than an adolescent young squirrel could squeeze into the bars and access the feeder. The young squirrels look very similar to adults but are actually far fluffier making them much more flexible! Squirrels are normally born in March, April, July and August so there may well be a risk around these months. This is short term issue and will be the problem of any feeder that has researched the necessary bar spacing required. You may also find that adolescent jackdaws, crows and pigeons may find their way in. The bars on these feeders cannot be made smaller to protect from adolescent or red squirrels as this would pose a risk to the birds.
If squirrels do manage to get into the feeders to prevent damage to the plastic tubes a a dash of chilli flakes mixed in with the nuts or seeds will have no effect on the birds at all but will deter the squirrels.
CUSTOMER REVIEWSExcellent 100% 3 reviewsGreat 0% 0 reviewsAverage 0% 0 reviewsPoor 0% 0 reviewsBad 0% 0 reviews5 stars (3)4 stars (0)3 stars (0)2 stars (0)1 star (0)CLEARJoanne Butler 8 months agoThis is a sturdy feeder, all metal ports/perches & the lid has a twist/lock so the squirrels can’t open it (they’ve tried as I can see their teeth have scraped the paint off the lid). The birds have taken to it quickly too. I’ve ordered a second one as I was so impressed with this.JMc 2 years agoThese feeders are great and despite the squirrels trying their best they could not gain access to the seed.LOAD MORE REVIEWS
All orders over £25 are delivered for FREE.
For out of areas (e.g. Northern Ireland, Scottish Highlands and Islands, Isle of Man and outlying areas), please refer to our delivery information for our delivery charges.
Please refer to our delivery information for further delivery details, time frames, options and what to expect.Love Garden Birds Trustpilot Reviews