Fallen Fruits Insect Hotel
Availability: In stock
Welcome to the Fallen Fruits Insect Hotel, you can invite Lacewings, Wild Bees, Earwigs, Ladybirds and Butterflies to check in for as long as they want.
Most people refer to insects as 'creepy crawlies' and don't give them a chance, however insects undertake many important jobs in our gardens, sometimes without us even knowing. They pollinate plants and act as a natural pest controller and as such are an important part of ecological gardening.
The habitats of many species of insects are threatened by changes to their environment and this is a way of helping to protect them. With this insect hotel you can offer several species at the same time the opportunity to nest and hibernate, so why not provide a cosy shelter for these little insects who work so tirelessly in your garden?
- The red compartment at the bottom allows protection and housing to Green Lacewings, Ladybirds and Earwigs. They are all real pest controllers and eat aphids and spider mites.
- Fill the compartment behind with fine wheat straw to give these animals a place to hibernate. Bees look for shelter in hollow sticks.
- It is recommended to clean the bamboo straws with the included brush before hanging the insect hotel.
- Cleaning brush included
- Pre-drilled hole in the back for mounting
- For insect nesting and hibernation
Dimensions 17.7 x 14.3 x 29.4cm